Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Random Collection of Jumbles

Hmmm, I think I've officially decided that I make a lousy blogger. Everytime I have something to jot down, and I remind myself to do so on the blog, I end up playing Dota with the guys, so I don't update my blog for months on end. Some people are just not meant to have direction in their lives, I guess.. =(

Well, I'm 21 now! Haha.. As of 7 days ago, to be exact. It's been a tumultuous 21 years, filled with, first and foremost, life. Most people are probably gonna roll their eyes at me when they see this, but really, what IS life? Many people I know now, are caught up in money-making or work, such that they become shrouded to the world around them, and the joys of living! Now, I'm not one of those hippies who believes that love is the ONLY thing can sustain us, but then, if you don't even love living life and the small things that make it so beautiful, why are you here in the first place? I'm really thankful for the bunch of chums that I have, who never fail to gladden my heart when we play ball or go out and eat. It really does makes me feel blessed that I have the opportunity to know this people, however cliched that might sound. Whenever Cyn and I have dinner, we  always look around, just to look at other couples around us. It amazes me how many people actually sit there, mechanically eating dinner, waiting perhaps, in vain, for their partner to surprise them with a witty comment or a smile, instead of blankly staring at their food. Kinda sad, considering that being in a stale or loveless relationship is one of the most frustrating things known to man. I'm happy as pie to have Cyn with me, 'cos there almost never is a dull moment between us. It's amazing how we connect, and despite the sometimes trivial issues that we have, as most couples do, I would never trade her for anyone else! I love you!

Recently there's been this big issue, stemming from AWARE, about Christian hardliners and them putting into the minds of other secular or religious organizations a negative image of the modern-day Christian. I must say, I have to agree with many of my friends, that it's really not fair that some people just cannot see past their noses at the bigger picture around the world. While I don't believe that most Christians are so hard-up and rigid in their beliefs, it must be said that there's a growing number of modern Christians who seem to be overly fervent in their worshipping of the Lord. With all respect meant to everyone, I think people should take a step back and look at the larger picture around them. Especially in Singapore, racial and religious harmony should be the foremost on the minds of all. I love the way how Singaporean muslims and christians and buddhists walk around in perfect harmony, sharing their beliefs and ideals over a cuppa Kopi.  Right, shall not get too involved!

Lastly, COLOSSO JUST CELEBRATED IT'S FIRST SUCCESSFUL FUNCTION! We did it! From customer-requested setting up of a BBQ, to the homemade lemon spritzers and hot dogs, and the hiring of 3 gorgeous girls to help out, made it a great success! If anyone's interested, the web's www.theageoffood.com ! Hopefully, this is the start of a long and successful business enterprise to come!

Alright, I'll bail now! Cheerio, til next time! 

1 comment:

cyn said...

Happy as a pie! :)